If you are going to make a card make multiples. It makes sense even if you give away the spares. Most time is spent gathering supplies and planning layouts rather than the assembly, so three takes hardly any more time than one.
Here I used some ancient craftwork cards antiqued papers matted on some papermania textured cardstock (bought in a handy A5 colour block). I cut the sentiment – dovecraft– and Sheenabotanicals flowers from the mat before sticking it on the card base. Only the edge of the mat shows and the paper is good quality – plus this keeps the impact subtle, just what I want for a sympathy card. Two cards were embellished with Candi buttons, but not sure if that makes them too fussy.
I cut a stencil from acetate to make a wreath builder, saving myself money and extending the use of my new Craftwork cards flower stamps.
The stencil is merely two 4 1/4” squares, one rotated 45 degrees to form a star shape. The scan n cut did it’s stuff and I popped out the star leaving a place holder to rotate stamping paper around so that repeated stamping in a stamp positioner is neatly aligned. (See Gina K wreath builder if you want the original at £10.99)
For this card I used my distress oxide inks and filled the centre with fussy cut flowers from the papercraft magazine kit.
It may look like I have only made 5 cards, but I have worked my way through the magazine, tried out the stamps, dies and stencils and ‘cased’ these cards so far.
The challenge now is to use up the remaining tags, fussy cut flowers and papers that I have prepared. Meanwhile they sit with my other Craftwork cards kit remnants waiting for a second burst of enthusiasm.
This magazine was a bargain from Craftstash bought with birthday money (justifying paper addiction here). Will keep my eyes peeled for issue 2…
I have an ear worm of that song and a vision of marie osmond singing it. Never mind that though, I am happy with the paper flowers produced in this crafting session.
The flowers look quite different depending on paper used and the container/ vase displayed in. The blue themed group are my favourites but the patterned paper flowers aren’t trying to be real and look cute.
I was determined to use up some of my craftwork cards paper stash and I set the scan n cut to work. But you could cut a similar set for each flower quite easily by hand.
soften the paper fibres by rolling each petal around a barbecue stick or rubbing it against a bone folder
I used hot glue to form each petal layer into a cup shape but tacky glue works as well – albeit making assembly a little slower
I made a hole with my pokey tool in the centre of each glued cup then impaled a set of petals with an I-pin, a long sewing pin would work as well. Then I glued the single petals, including the rolled one, over the pin head. Some flowers have some Candi ( a small circle of paper that came with the paper pads from craftwork cards) at their centres. These were fixed with foam pads and hid the pin very well.
I stuck the pins directly into oasis in the bucket style containers and for the vase bound the pin against a length of barbecue stick. I used washi tape to bind, florist tape would have been better.
Some leaf shapes filled in the gaps in the arrangements, I needed far more flowers than I thought I would to fill the containers. Next time I will distress the leaves with ink to make them look softer.