I have an ear worm of that song and a vision of marie osmond singing it. Never mind that though, I am happy with the paper flowers produced in this crafting session.
The flowers look quite different depending on paper used and the container/ vase displayed in. The blue themed group are my favourites but the patterned paper flowers aren’t trying to be real and look cute.
I was determined to use up some of my craftwork cards paper stash and I set the scan n cut to work. But you could cut a similar set for each flower quite easily by hand.
soften the paper fibres by rolling each petal around a barbecue stick or rubbing it against a bone folder
I used hot glue to form each petal layer into a cup shape but tacky glue works as well – albeit making assembly a little slower
I made a hole with my pokey tool in the centre of each glued cup then impaled a set of petals with an I-pin, a long sewing pin would work as well. Then I glued the single petals, including the rolled one, over the pin head. Some flowers have some Candi ( a small circle of paper that came with the paper pads from craftwork cards) at their centres. These were fixed with foam pads and hid the pin very well.
I stuck the pins directly into oasis in the bucket style containers and for the vase bound the pin against a length of barbecue stick. I used washi tape to bind, florist tape would have been better.
Some leaf shapes filled in the gaps in the arrangements, I needed far more flowers than I thought I would to fill the containers. Next time I will distress the leaves with ink to make them look softer.