Beautiful papers from Craftwork Cards Antiqued and Chinoiserie pads were used to make some serious cards for ‘thinking of you’ messages
I used the scan n cut to create a decoupage effect with the water lilies (very impressed with the direct cut feature now I have tried it) and the trellis strip (a border from the pattern library) Continue reading →
Half of an embroidery hoop covered in bias binding – I didn’t have enough white ribbon to cover the hoop – then 16 scan n cut library shapes cut, each one twice, and sandwiched round some twine which was tied to the hoop. All fixed with hot glue and some buttons glued on to finish the hoop off.
next time I will use two dowels instead and some bakers twine instead. Loads of great circus shapes on the scan n cut canvas projects site to use or even a Christmas version with snowflakes etc.
Welding letters into a library shape made for an elegant card using up some glitzy foiled card from my stash.
I chose a scalloped square to echo the (bought) card base but forgot to use the new ScanNCut for my brown mat and those little hearts. I could also have used the machine to make the card base and cut the slits for the ribbon if I had thought of it!
However, a super easy and impressive card to make, more like this in the pipeline …
An old tablecloth up cycled into a shoe bag and a something else drawstring bag with appliqué decoration.
i used my new ScanNCut to transform scraps into appliqué shapes. Heat and bond lite gives lightweight cotton enough support for the machine to cut fine lines.
after ironing the shapes into position on the bag front panels I used zig zag to stitch them down.
Then I cut a matching back panel and pinned the panels top sides facing. I marked a gap for the drawstring channel between 2 and 5 cm from the top of each side and sewed around the rest of the sides and bottom. I boxed the corners to give a bit more shape to the bag as well.
rather than lining this heavy fabric I just ironed a 0.5 hem at the top and used a length of 4 cm bias binding to form the drawstring casing as well as fix the hem down. I zig zagged each side of the bias binding in place to make sure it was firmly attached.
I folded two more lengths of the same binding for each bag as I didn’t have any ribbon long enough for the drawstrings. These were pinned to a safety pin and threaded through the gaps in the seams and around the casing, one from each side seam. Finally each length of binding was knotted to secure it, on one I sewed some buttons to make the knot even firmer.